Frequently Asked Questions
Filming permits are easily obtainable in Nepal. The country promotes filming industry and assists foreign filmmakers for filming inside Nepal. Permissions are issued to filmmakers in Nepal for the promotion of filming destinations in Nepal. Government grants permission within 10-15 working days with minimum charges.
The required documents are as follows:
- A letter made by the assigned local coordinator, informing the Ministry of Communication and Information Technology of the purpose of applying for the shooting permit.
- An assignment letter made by the foreign filmmaker, showing that they have already chosen and hired a local coordinator.
- Application form provided.
- Storyboard/ Synopsis stating briefly about the film.
- A schedule of filming in Nepal specifying period of filming and shooting locations.
- Name-list, passport numbers, positions and arrival dates of all foreign film crews.
Himalayan Fixer will provide the details and can support to help prepare the necessary documents
- Picture of Serial Number on the drone.
- Any registered documents.
- Tax invoice of Drone purchase.
- Custom Clearance Document.
- Scan copy of visa of the drone owner/operator.